Volunteering with the Woodbridge Public Library is an excellent way to give back to your community and make the Main Library and branches a great place for people of all ages to visit. Volunteering is an impressive addition to college and job applications, helps you build workplace skills, and allows you to meet like-minded people in your community while fulfilling much-needed library tasks!
Criteria for Volunteering
We're looking for motivated students and adults that want to make the library an amazing place! Woodbridge Public Library patrons must be in grade 7 and older in order to volunteer.
Who to Contact
Hoping to volunteer this summer? If you are a student interested in volunteering at the Main Library during the summer, please visit the Children's Room at the Main Library to get a special application. Thank you.
Ready to start volunteering? Simply pick up a volunteer application form at any library location or download our Volunteer Application (PDF), print and complete it, and then return it to the library location that you would like to volunteer at.
If you would like more information about volunteering, try these contacts:
- If you would like to volunteer at the Main Library and:
- You are an adult 18 years of age or older, please contact the Circulation Department at 732-634-4450, ext. 7100.
- You are a student in grades 7 to 12, please contact the Children's Room at 732-634-4450, ext. 7140.
- If you would like to volunteer at a library branch, please contact the branch directly:
- Fords branch: 732-726-7071
- Henry Inman branch (Colonia): 732-726-7072
- Iselin branch: 732-726-7073
Other Ways to Volunteer at the Woodbridge Public Library
In addition to our regular library volunteers, the Woodbridge Public Library also offers special volunteer opportunities throughout the year for teens and adults:
- Summer Reading Program: Provide assistance during our busy library summer reading program for children, teens and adults from the end of June to August. Help with reading program registration, events, and more! Contact the library in May for more details on Summer Reading Program volunteer opportunities.
- Teen Advisory Group: Open to students in grades 8 through 12, the Teen Advisory Group meets each month to come up with ideas on how to make the library a better place for teens! Each meeting counts for one volunteer service hour, with more opportunities available for volunteering. The group meets the first Thursday of the month at 3:45 pm in the Main Library BEC Room. Find more information and download a Teen Advisory Group application on the Teen Advisory Group page.
- Book Hours: Do you love sharing information about your favorite books? If you're in grades 8 through 12, you could earn volunteer hours just by writing book reviews for the library! Access the online form, contact a library reference desk for more information and a printed review form, or call Teen Services at the Main Library at 732-634-4450.
- Friends of the Libraries of Woodbridge Township: Help educate the people of Woodbridge about the resources at our local libraries, act as advocates in the community, and help raise funds for library equipment, materials, and programs! Find more information and a membership form on the Friends of the Library page.